NYC MOUNTAIN BIKE BLOG



This is a blog for a group of outdoor-oriented NYC-area residents to post thoughts and pictures on the latest weekend mountain bike outings. As a group, we've discovered that we're lucky not only live in or near an amazing city, but also to have access to an amazing variety of natural scenery. Biking happens to be the way our group accesses our natural surroundings. Hope this inspires the reader to 'get out there'! - Carl Kulo (blog creator)


Sunday, January 31, 2010

Blue Mountain: January 31, 2010













Taking advantage of what promised to be the warmest part of an otherwise bitter cold weekend, I headed out by train to Blue Mountain. Sunday commitments from my other riding buddies, meant I would be riding alone. I headed up on trails I wasn't sure the name of, possibly 2-Crew Live and Chewbecca. When I got to the red trail, I did what are now old favorites like Upper SIS, SIS, Criss-Cross, Middle Stinger and Stinger. Trail conditions were perfect with trails well frozen and fast and only a few patches of snow on the ground. I had the trails nearly to myself, seeing only 2 other pairs of riders in the 2 1/2 hours of riding. The serenity of these woods was inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment